Perhaps with the aid of guest posts and comments, I hope to answer these questions:
1. What is reason -- in my definition and in the definitions of other advocates of reason?
2. What is mysticism -- in my definition and in the definitions of advocates of mysticism?
3. What is the social and intellectual "problem of multiple definitions"? Can discussers and debaters overcome the problem?
4. Who are the main advocates of reason in our time (1960 to now)? What are their key ideas and what actions have they taken to disseminate those ideas?
5. Who are the main advocates of mysticism in our time (1960 to now)? What are their key ideas and what actions have they taken to disseminate those ideas?
6. Is a "debate" about reason versus mysticism even possible?
7. Considering the world in general and in the countries of Western Civilization in particular, who is winning the war between reason and mysticism?
What is the state of the reason/mysticism debate today?
Author, The Power and the Glory: The Key Ideas and Crusading Lives of Eight Debaters of Reason vs. Faith